Content

Boost SEO with "Link Loops"

Wednesday, March 2, 2011
Simple yet effective!

If you pay attention to your visitor traffic, and you've been blogging for a few years, you will notice (as I did) that out of hundreds of posts you may upload in your little blog's lifetime, there will be a small handful that continue to attract hits without fail, every single day.

These 3 posts account for 10% of my daily traffic:


You already know that when you post on a current topic (and you get your blog title "just right") you'll get a spike in traffic. But how to draw visitors in AFTER the spike?

Start by breaking your original article into two parts. I was delighted when I wrote "Mubarak You Have Ugly Face," but I wanted to stretch its life and SEO while attracting distinctly different academic and media-colleague streams of visitors via the division post titled "The Internet as a Liberator.

To recap: I divided the post into two, then edited each article so that either one could be stacked on the other to make a complete, sensible story. The posts can stand alone or together! Each links to the other via the link "Continued" at the footer!

Next, Go for the "digital jugular" ---

The third article in the series is titled "#Egypt #Jan25 Collaborate.Participate.Connect " - the hashtags are included because I subscribe to a service that auto-tweets my blog's headlines to twitter... many individuals and services seek out tweets based on hashtags! This post has a footer link that simply says "Previously."

So I have effectively QUADRUPLED the "reach" of three distinct posts by linking uniquely titled entries together and adding "hot" hashtags!

Try it, and let me know how it works for YOU!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive